Monday, January 24, 2011

Bring it!!!

I'm really excited!

I am not a New Year's resolution person. I can SAY that I am going to lose weight or eat right or whatever....but just the idea of a New Year's resolution is an epic fail! I think people do a better job of giving up something for Lent than they do a New Year's resolution.

That said, I do like to make new goals for the year. My biggest goal for 2011 is getting organized! More specific than that is getting my kitchen organized! I walk into my kitchen each morning and just wish that I could move! It never fails that there are a ton of dishes on the sink, the silverware is unorganized, and I can't get a pot or pan out of the cabinet in less than 5 minutes. I HATE IT! So I'm fixing it!

I started over the weekend with my "junk" drawer. Until then, my junk drawer housed a ton of junk, toothpicks that went wild, and my son's dishes and bowls. This drawer is really in an odd place and hard to get to. Even more difficult to make functional whenever Matthew's dishes are stacked so high that they keep the drawer from opening.

NOW...I have a drawer that has a couple organized containers that house things that we like to have close by, but don't need to be easily accessible. For example, candles, wine opening and closing devices (we could almost get rid of these for as much as we drink!), matches, and silly straws.

This morning, I took on the silverware/kitchen tool drawer. Job 1 was getting a silverware organizing device. Yes, sadly, after two years at this house we haven't even done that!!! I was also able to put a couple other little storage containers that are taking care of stuff like measuring cups, spoons, food processing parts, mixer parts, and orange peelers. It looks awesome!!! I was so excited that I did all of the dishes just so that I could have all of the silverware to fill up the little spaces.

I also tackled under the sink. I did that sometime last year and had some big of organization under there, but there were certain containers that were the wrong share for the space and/or were breaking. I fixed that and purged just a few things.

I am going to keep working on this. Maybe I will show you the end results, but I have to admit....I don't see any before pictures coming your way! My befores are so horrible that I'm embarrassed to show them!

1 comment: