Saturday, May 14, 2011

Jake and the Neverland Pirates vest!

If you were on facebook last night, you saw my updates while I was working on a pirate vest for Matthew. He LOVES "Jake and the Neverland Pirates", so I decided that this vest would be awesome for him! It turned out great and he loves it!!!

If you are interested in making your own vest, I used a tutorial on the MADE website. If you have never visited there, you will find a ton of great projects! Some are really simple and some are a little more involved. This vest was basically done from her pattern, but I chose my own colors of felt and then added my really simply made buttons. For the buttons, I just cut out 4 rectangles of yellow, folded them in half and used my machine to sew a free handed circle. Then, I cut out around the stitches. I decided that doing it freehand isn't perfect, but it makes it seem more "Pirate-like".

There's Matthew in his new vest! Very excited!!! He said "I Jake, Mommy! I Jake!"


And...I just happened to think up this little trick for breakfast! He loved it too!!


See what I mean??

2 comments:

  1. I ordered this CD for my son who is 2 years old. We love the stars of the band - Skarky & Bones. The guys did a great job with the music. I love this CD, it is a kid's CD that I can listen to over and over again. If you are on the fence listen to track 10!!! The only thing that could be better is if Disney came out with a DVD of music video's for the songs. This is a great purchase for the price, totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete