Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Great information on Homeschooling!

I've been linking up with "No Time for Flash Cards" for a while now. Each week I look through probably 5 to 10 link up that interest me. This week, I stumbled across a blog post that I thought some of my readers might find helpful....I sure did!



I have contacted the author of this blog and asked if I could repost what she wrote for all of you. I realized that doesn't make much sense! She needs to get the perks of your traffic to her site. So, I'm just going to repost a bit of what she wrote. If this sounds like something that you are interested, you can most on over to her "Homeschool Hoop-La" and finish reading.

"The school provides you with $1500 per student as well as a list of providers from where to buy your curriculum. The awesome part is you can even choose Christian curriculum providers such as Sonlight, Abeka, AO Publishers and tons more. What I really love about this is that you can try curriculum risk free! At the end of the school year you are given a list of the non-consumable items that need to be returned. These are things like readers, teachers manuals etc. You keep any workbooks or items that you've used up during the year. At first I was a little disappointed about having to return the curriculum but after realizing I'd run out of storage in about 2 years, I wasn't that upset! Of that $1500, you need to use at least half the money on curriculum of your choice but the other half can be used to pay for non-competitive activities or lessons (such as ballet, gymnastics, karate, piano, ukulele, voice, etc) or field trips, year passes to museums, galleries or other educational locations."

Wanna read more about it???

No comments:

Post a Comment