Friday, February 25, 2011

Dressing up isn't just for girls!

Dress up is not just for girls!


This week has been a slow week. We started off the week with a crazy snow and ice storm that kept us inside all day on Tuesday. Then, I did not work on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thursday Scott and Matthew (who had been sick basically all week) were both camped out in the living room at not going anywhere.

When we have weeks like this where we really aren't going anywhere or doing anything (which is not often), I start to get this feeling in the pit of my stomach. The feeling that I feel is like my son is bored and I feel bad about that. I feel like it's the same toys, same space, still no friends to play with day after day. So, I try to have a bag of tricks handy!

This week, my bag of tricks contained some extra Halloween costumes that I bought when they were something 75% off (or maybe more, I don't really remember). I thought that if I bought these extra costumes:

1. We would have something to play dress up in for fun.
2. There is enough variety that hopefully he could find something to dress up as for next Halloween, so it would be a money saving strategy.

The costumes that I bought can be seen below. There was one more that did not get pictured, that is a costume of a dog.


Matthew really enjoyed himself. He was certainly intrigued by the handcuff for the policeman costume. However, when I put them on him, he totally freaked out! Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment