Friday, February 4, 2011

Cheap Field Trip

We are still getting used to Daddy working on Sundays. This past Sunday, I decided it was time for a short, cheap field trip. This is where we went:


Seems weird, right? I've been taking Matthew to Animal Friends since before he was a year old. Our Animal Friends is just about 5 miles from our house and is very nice! I first decided to take Matthew there when he was really getting in to animals. I am not an animal person. It's not that I don't like animal, I just never really had them growing up so they kind of freak me out! I would equate it to someone that has never taken care of kids and just doesn't know what to do with them. I did not want my son to be the same way, but getting a pet is not on our list right now.

When we got there, we always walk ourselves around and visit ALL of the cats, ALL of the dogs, and ALL of the bunnies. If Matthew is able to get close enough to pet something, he certainly will!

This is never a long trip. We probably aren't there for more than an hour, but it is fun and Matthew enjoys it. We had to take a picture of the new cat room. It's kind of blurry, but I didn't want to use a flash and scare any kitties.


Also, you may have noticed that I titled this "Cheap Field Trip" and not "Free Field Trip". It really can be free, but we always take a bunch of change to put in their big bank to help the animals.

2 comments:

  1. That's a cool idea. I never thought about going to Animal Friends to see the kitties with Olivia. But, I'm a sucker and I feel so bad for them all. All my kitties were adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Following you from the Super Bowl Sunday blog hop!

    Swanky Baby
    http://swankybaby1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete