Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Graditude!

I love this time of year! There are so many wonderfully fun things going on! Are you remembering to give back to others?

I saw a funny cartoon the other day. It said, "Black Friday. The day when everyone nearly kills each other for cheap stuff, just the day after being thankful for all that they have!" That made me chuckle and also really consider the things that we do during this season. Are you remembering to show gratitude?

Thanksgiving is just about two weeks away. We are plugging along with our Thanksgiving Turkey of Thankfulness.

We are also working on a Gingerbread house which we make as a family and then drive downtown to be part of the Gingerbread display. We have been taking part in this tradition since the year that my son was born.

One year, I made a Turkey cake and delivered it to local firefighters and policemen in our town.

We will also be filling shoeboxes next week for Samaritan's Purse. We have also done this for a couple of years now.

It is so important to me that my children learn to give. What are some ways that you are showing people that you love, care, and appreciate them this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment