Monday, January 23, 2012

Sorting

I've been trying to find ways to make sorting more interesting to my son. He tends to get started sorting and then ends up playing with toys (if I use toys) or getting bored if I use anything else. I can see from what he does that he CAN sort, he just rarely finishes the task.

Since we have been working so hard on our letters and letter sounds, I have been thinking about how I can help build his sorting abilities so that he can eventually sort objects or pictures by the sounds that they start or end with. With that goal in mind, I decided to try something new.

Last night, I used some awesome google images from "Peter Pan" and "Jake and the Neverland Pirates". I've told you how much my son LOVES anything Peter Pan. I then made a list that had a picture of Peter Pan on one side and said "Friends of Peter Pan" and the other side with Captain Hook that said "Friends of Captain Hook". He loved it! More than that...he also finished!


1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant! Seriously...I LOVE it! Using themes kids are interested in makes learning so much fun! and Jake and the Neverland Pirates is very popular around here too! Thank you so much for linking up to Teach Me Tuesday -- I hope we see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete