Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Organization! Starting off right...I hope!

Being organized is something that I'm horrible at! I know where the stuff is that I need when I need it, but walking into my house is like walking into a nightmare for neat organized people. I'm one of those people that tends to stack stuff in piles because I'm not sure where I want it to go or I don't have the place where it will go YET.

I'm not resolving to be more organized this year, but because I've gone from part time working Mom, to pretty much always at home (or at least not working barely at all) Mom, I've started to feel like my house is my office. And I'm realizing that my office is a wreck! First and foremost, I need to get rid of stuff! Scott and I have so much stuff....teaching stuff, holiday stuff, video game stuff, craft stuff, kid stuff....stuff, stuff stuff!

The problem for me is that I can't stand starting something and not finishing. That could be because I was interrupted by a child or I came to a place where I didn't know what to do next because I couldn't find a place for this stuff for that stuff.

I'm really working hard at it though. We have gotten to the point where our first floor is pretty easily maintained. Now, I'm gearing up to take on our bedroom. So much has just gotten tossed in there over the past few months and nothing ever seems to leave once it is in there.

I'm challenging myself to just get my closet done before Sunday. While that may seem like a small task, my closet was probably used at as a small baby's room back in the day. Our closet is actually comparable to some people's bathroom. Both hubby and I can totally fit in there with a little room to move around. Our clothing is all over the place and so is a bunch of other stuff.....pretty much all of it has to go!


While I'm challenging myself to do this, I want to also challenge you. Pick whatever nook or cranny in your house needs the most work but you've been putting off and get it organized!

Cheer me on...HERE I GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment