Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My son seems to be a little under the weather today.

My son seems to be a little under the weather today.

Last week, he was drooling and eating his hands a lot. I assumed he was teething, but there's nothing to see yet.

Today, since he's got a runny nose and cough, we're going to stay in all day until we HAVE to leave. That means, I'm going to do some of things that I do that are not scheduled into my week, I just do them when we end up staying home for whatever reason and/or my son decides to sleep longer for his nap than usual.

First, I had defrosted a roast to make for dinner. Hubby and I are rarely home for dinner. His new shift at work has him working from 11am-9pm four days a week and I leave at about 4:30 to pick up the kids that I watch and get them to wherever they need to be on that particular day. So, dinner, especially hot and homemade, is never really a priority....except for when we need some leftover for lunches and take to with us to our jobs.

So, I have my roast going. I have learned to LOVE my crock pot! I just recently started making turkeys and chickens in there! It's great and uses a lot less gas (we have a gas oven). I also make a lot of roasts....I love the taste of potatoes that have been in the crock pot and are now all moist and soft! Yum!

The reason that I actually stopped, not because my darling son decided to nap, but because I want to try a new breadmaker recipe. I almost always make a wheat bread that takes over 2 hours. I want to try the rapid version of the wheat bread and I gotta look it up.

I also plan to get done with about 3 loads of laundry. I thought I was getting close to the end, but didn't realize just how much the bin upstairs had until I this weekend. It really bums me out when I feel like I've finally come to the end of it, that I might be able to rest and not do laundry guilt-free. Then, I end up thinking about...worrying that if I decide to sit and eat ice cream during my son's nap (one of my favorite things to do!) that sometime someone is going to see the horrible overflowing bins of dirty clothes and judge me. I will never know why that thought is always in the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment