Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baby signs

I love when hard work turns into something worthwhile! I started with my son when he was around 6 months on sign language. I didn't follow any kind of program. I just picked the signs for mommy, daddy, and eat and kept doing them over and over. I was so sick of doing them and getting nothing but a look from my son that seemed to say, "Hmm....is my mommy crazy or what??"

Around 11 or 12 months, I was probably close to giving up, and then one day....he copied me! We were getting to our wit's end with him throwing his food all over the floor when he finished eating, so I'd taught him the sign for "all done". He did it!
Since then, the only other sign that he really attempts is "cup". So what though! Just knowing that little bit of information about what he wants help both my husband, my son, and myself to be a little less frustrated.

I'm proud of my hard work. Although, I do wish it came a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment