Saturday, June 30, 2012

Oh boy, where does time go?

I've been wanting to toss out a blog post for at least a month. I didn't realize it had been nearly 4 months since my last post. In all honesty, I don't know where the time has gone.


We've been staying pretty busy. Matthew is finally potty trained...AMEN! We took things one step farther this week when I decided to let him go diaperless at night as well. Scott was totally against it, but it's been great! There was one minor accident that wasn't actually because he didn't make it...more like he can't totally wipe himself.






I love that little string of pictures....it really makes me chuckle!!!



Chloe has been growing like a weed! She figured out how to crawl about 2 weeks ago. She started going backwards and getting her feet stuck under the couches. After a week of that, she figured out forward and now she's just all over the place. Everything is in her mouth too! She is also saying "Da da" and "Ma ma". She laughs at everything Matthew does and he is so protective of her. They are going to get along well as playmates.

Homeschooling has been a little bit on the back-burner lately. I do things with Matthew from time to time. We do read almost every single night before bed and usually a few times during the day, but we are not doing anything very structured. He has gotten to the point where he knows all of his letters and most of their sounds. We play games where I say a word and ask him to spell it. Then I say, "What letter says Pah, pah, pah, pah, pah" (insert sing-song tune in there) and he will identify the letter. He really is so good at so many things that it is just really impressive to me.

One area that is a challenge for him, and I expect it is for all three and half year olds, is writing. I know that step one is to be able to create shapes. He can do some shapes, but we need to work on that a lot more. I see my son as a boy that will really enjoy writing. I think that he will really enjoy writing sci-fi stories about whatever interest he has at that particular time.

I have an idea that I could use a little help with....

basically because every time I think about doing it, I go blank!

I want to make up something like 30 different activities that I can do with Matthew....like playing with shaving cream, playdough, painting, etc that I can write on popsicle sticks and use when I am in a rut and can't think of anything to do. Matthew loves to do all of the things I mentioned above and we probably do those and many others multiple times in a week, but sometimes I feel like we just did everything recently and need something new.

Got any ideas for me????????????????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment